Monday, August 17, 2009

Slowly Recovering!


I dooooo apologize for the lack in posting lately of the ongoings and naughty antics of the little specimens! School started last week, and I think I'm just now recovering first from the summer with the little darlins running me ragged and second from not having the "baby" Zane home with me anymore. boohooo!

OK, I think I'm really getting used to it now. (I think.) Well, perhaps just a little bit. Zane loves school, however he turns into a verra, verra ugly little man between 7pm and 8pm. We start at around 7 trying to get him to lay down and going to sleep - it's more like 8 before it actually happens. Zoe says that every day in 4th grade feels like "A WHOLE WEEK!" and Micah is happy as a clam in his 2nd grade class, especially since his best friend is also in his class.

I've felt a bit lost being home by myself - I haven't been by myself in almost 10 years! It really takes some getting used to.

I will leave you with this:

The other night, Micah called Zane a "jerk-ass." Zane called Micah an ass. Zoe told Micah that Zane wasn't a jerk-ass, that HE was the jerk-ass. Nice, hmmm? I went to get the soap and they all swore they wouldn't say ass or jerk-ass again. It's been 3 days and not one has uttered a naughty word. Maybe I just need to walk around with a bar of Dove hanging off of my neck?

0 whispers & gasps: